- Connect the AC adapter (supplied with the headset) to the headset base, and connect the other end to an electrical outlet.
- Connect the modular connector (supplied with the headset) to the headset interface on your Cisco phone, and connect the end with the blue band to the headset base socket that is marked with a phone icon.
- Connect the Jabra Link 14201-43 EHS cable with the red band to the AUX interface on the headset base, and connect the other end to the AUX interface on the Cisco phone.
If you are connecting the Jabra Engage, Jabra Pro 9400, Jabra Pro 925, Jabra Motion Office, or Jabra Go 6470 wireless headset to a Cisco desk phone infrastructure that uses LAN switches, while also using the included Jabra USB cable between the base and a computer, then we recommend that you use the latest version of the Jabra Link 14201-43 (marked B) instead of the Jabra Link 14201-43 EHS cable (marked A) to ensure the stable use of the Cisco desk phone.
- Ensure the Headset Hook Switch Control function is enabled on the desk phone. Refer to your phone or IT support for assistance.
- Follow the setup instructions for your Jabra wireless headset. If the headset base requires manual configuration, set the Electronic Hook Switch setting to “IQ” and set the dial tone switch to position “B”.
Make a call to the headset. If the volume of your voice is too loud or quiet to the person you are calling, adjust the headset microphone volume until you achieve the optimum level.
- Tags: Jabra EHS Link